THE ROLLINGSKULL, VOLUME 11, ISSUE 155
September 28, 2017 | Music by Halestorm, "Amen"
- That Foul Smell is the Riders
- Mad Dog Owns this House
- The Central Division is a Good Place to Hide
- Are the TUNA WRANGLERS the One to Watch?
All this and more...
E. A. Presley
Editor and Chief of the Rolling Skull
Week three's trivia question, " " " The answer is
John Taylor, who caught 92- and 96-yard touchdowns for the 49ers against
the Rams on a Monday night in Anaheim in December, 1989. Thia
week's question is, "
"Who's the only player in NFL history to catch 2 TDs from over 90 yards in the same game?
" The answer is John Taylor, who caught 92- and 96-yard touchdowns for the 49ers against the Rams on a Monday night in Anaheim in December, 1989. Thia week's question is, "In Week 1, two different rookies ran for more than 120 yards -- Kareem Hunt and Dalvin Cook. Who is the only other active running back who ran for over 120 yards in Week 1 of his rookie season?
This week's checklist:
1. Make sure you check your roster prior to Thursday games to make sure you don't lock in or lock out the wrong player.
Your other players for Sunday and Monday will lock in at 12:59 Sunday morning (with the exception of those goofy early
European games that the NFL schedules).
2. Kalish is Pete's back up if for some reason you have to get a hold of the league office before game time (or go on record)
Jeff's email, email@example.com for backup. VP Jeff Kalish now has administrative privileges if anyone has problems with the
3. Karl's quick tutorial on the "My Fantasy League Software, http://offl-balls.com/howtoguide.htm.
4. League Entry is $120. Free agents, $5 a pop. You can pay me in advance or wait. Just don't leave me hanging at season's end. Weekly
payouts/credit will be issued for the top three scoring teams in the order of $24, $12, and $6.
5. Do not ask Commissioner Purvis a "rule question" until after you have read the rules.
6. To enjoy the site music with your pc/tablet you need Adobe Flash approved in your browser.
7. You can listen to live updates on your PC/Laptop with the GameDay Program, download here GAMEDAY APP. Great App, it is Microsoft
based.... Use League ID 13439 when prompted. Turn up the volume and enjoy the commentary.
8. For wireless apps, here are the links... Iphone/Ipad, Droid, and Windows. phones.
9. The Club House Pages are up and running!
10. Here are this week's NFL matchups.
P. L. Purvis
P. L. Purvis
Is there a smell in your den on Sunday morning?
It is not your dog farting... Just the smell of Pete
Purvis entering his starting roster of scrubs!
Pedro goes three for six in week three. This leaves him 10 and 18 for the season (556). Week 4's spokesmodel is Lizzy Hale from Halestorm.
Before Isaac Hayes dove into Scientology and became Chef on South Park, he was not just the guy who sang the “Theme from Shaft.” There is a new box set out that will enlighten and brighten your musical horizons… It’s called The Spirit of Memphis (1962-1976). As the “refined guy” put it, “It’s as good a Hayes primer as you’re likely to find in this galaxy.” The Spirit of Memphis covers Isaac’s early days as a songwriter and arranger at Stax Records. The set follows with a look at his solo career. Included are various covers and outtakes. If you are broke, you catch all this on Spotify and check it out. Otherwise, here is the link to purchase.
An American businessman is entertaining some
overseas business guests on the golf course.
The first guest, who is from Italy, tees off and
hits a good shot 200 yards down the fairway. As the American businessman
knows a small amount of Italian he says: “Buon tiro”, which means “Good
shot”. The Italian businessman replies: “Grazie”.
The second guest, who is from France, tees off and
hits a fantastic shot that lands on the green thirty feet from the hole.
As the American businessman knows a small amount of French he says: “Tir
fantastique”, which means “Fantastic shot”. The French businessman
The third guest, who is from Japan, tees off and amazingly the ball goes straight in the hole, a hole in one! The American businessman doesn’t know many Japanese words or phrases but when he dated a Japanese girl during his overseas business trips she used to moan when he made love to her and she would shout out “Ura-ana, ura-ana”, and which he repeats to his Japanese guest. The Japanese businessman replies: “What do you mean, wrong hole?”
Pour the cream mixture onto a large plate or platter. One or two at a time, add the corn, and rotate the ears to lightly coat them in the mixture. Grill the corn until it's lightly charred in spots, occasionally turning the ears and brushing the corn with the cream mixture (or transferring the corn to the plate with the cream mixture and rotating it again), 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the corn with a drizzle of the remaining cream mixture and lime wedges for squeezing.